Adolescent Psychologist Phoenix AZ Adolescent Psychotherapist
It is imperative to work with the parents and/or the family when working with an adolescent. Please be prepared to participate in your child’s psychotherapy.Our teen services include:Adolescent psychotherapy: Our methods are guided by Contemporary Psychoanalytic Therapy. We utilize Contemporary Self-Psychology, Relational Psychoanalysis, Inter-subjective Field Theory, Attachment Theory, Complexity Theory and Existential-Humanistic Theories to provide comprehensive care for your teen.
Assessments and Psycho-diagnostic Testing: We don’t want to treat your adolescent’s symptoms—we want to get to the root of the issue and treat the underlying causes of your child’s problems. To discover problem areas, syndromes and weaknesses, we perform assessments and testing. Our testing helps determine complexes, disabilities, personality structure, intellectual level, and defense mechanisms.
We can then properly diagnose and formulate an appropriate and effective treatment plan for your teenager.Open-ended therapy: As an independent, private practice, we believe in seeing adolescents (as well as anyone) as long as they need to be seen and as often as they need to be seen. We do not limit the number of sessions nor do we try to fit your teen into a pre-determined formula or box.
Effective methods: With the unique needs of children in mind, your child’s psychotherapist uses empirical-based methods that have been proven to be effective in treating him or her. Our methods include play therapy, adolescent psychotherapy and child psychotherapy.
Our highly qualified professionals are affiliated with the following professional associations:
- American Psychological Association
- Arizona Psychological Association
- International Association of Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy
- International Soceity of Psychoanalytic Self-Psychology
- Arizona Psychoanalytic Society – APS
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- International Relations Committee American Psychological Association Division 39 Psychoanalysis
- American Association of Family Conciliation Courts
- Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards
Psychological services are available to help your teenager through their struggles. Contact The Phoenix Institute For Psychotherapy, Ltd, a adolescent psychologist in Phoenix AZ today at 602-870-0991 to start their journey on a life of growth and healthy development.